Western hash brown egg bake
1 tsp canola oil
9 frozen hash brown patties
½ green pepper, diced
½ small cooking onion, diced
½ cup diced black forest ham
½ cup sour cream
½ tsp dried oregano leaves
½ tsp granulated garlic
1/4 tsp salt
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400F
- Spread the canola oil over the entire surface of a 13” x 9” rimmed sheet pan.
- Add the 9 frozen patties to the sheet pan and cook for 12min. Remove from oven and allow them to cool slightly. Turn the oven down to 375F
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, oregano leaves, granulated garlic and salt.
- Use the bottom of a cup (or your hands) to press the cooled hash brown patties down so that the potatoes cover the entire surface of the sheet pan evenly and up the sides. Make sure to patch up any holes with small pieces of hash brown.
- Scatter the green pepper, onions and ham over the top of the hash brown crust
- Gently pour the egg mixture over the top of the hash brown base and scatter cheese over.
- Carefully transfer the baking sheet on to the middle rack of the oven and cook for 18-20min. The egg will be set in the centre.
- After cooling slightly, run a knife around the perimeter of the pan to loosen the edges. Cut into 6 equal piece and serve.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...