Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Aromatics and Peanuts
The title of this recipe is a mouthful but I promise you, it’s outstanding. Sweet potatoes baked to perfection then pulled apart in craggily bits only to be re-cooked enhancing their sweetness and crispiness. Topped with frizzled shallots, garlic, ginger and chilies and finished with roasted salty peanuts, it’s absolutely addictive.
3 sweet potatoes
½ cup canola oil
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2” piece of ginger, julienned
1 large red chili, thinly sliced
½ cup roasted, salted peanuts, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 375F and place a fine mesh sieve over a heat-resistant bowl.
- Drizzle each sweet potato with ½ tsp of canola oil and rub it in to coat the entire surface.
Lay them on a baking sheet and cook on the middle rack for 45min-1hr, turning them
over half-way, until they are fully cooked.
- Add the remaining canola oil to a pot over medium-low heat. Slowly warm the oil until
it reaches 350F. Add the shallot, garlic, ginger and chili to the oil and cook for 3-5min
until the shallot and garlic is brown. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the oil and aromatics through the sieve and set both aside.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 425F
- Use a fork to pull the cooked sweet potatoes apart into bite sized pieces. Drizzle with 2
tbsp of the canola oil and return to the oven for 15-20min until the sweet potato begins
to get brown and the skin begins to crisp up.
- Scatter all the crispy shallots, garlic, ginger and chilis over the sweet potatoes and
Store the leftover oil in a sealed container and use toss with cooked pasta or to roast veggies.
Air Fryer Beef and Blue Cheese Stuffed Portobellos
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...
Chipotle-lime Air Fryer Beef Skewers
Tender, juicy and chocked full of flavour, cooking these skewers in the air fryer means you...
Air Fryer Lemon-oregano Roast Beef and Vegetables
Paired with bold Mediterranean flavours, this tender beef roast and mix of hearty vegetables is...