Tex-Mex Chicken Casserole
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 green pepper, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup long grain white rice
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp salt
½ cup salsa
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup milk
1 cup grated cheddar
¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375F and spray an 8”x11” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the chicken, green pepper, black beans, rice, flour, chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the salsa, chicken stock and milk into the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and cook on the middle rack of the oven for 60min.
- Scatter the grated cheese over the cooked casserole and cook for another 5min until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with cilantro.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...