Sweet and sticky roasted butternut squash
1 butternut squash (680g) peeled, seeded and cubed.
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
3 tbsp red pepper jelly
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 400F
- Place the cubed butternut squash on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with canola oil and season with salt. Mix everything together so the squash is well coated. Cook for 30min stirring occasionally.
- Add the pumpkin and sunflower seeds into a small skillet, placed over medium heat and toast until slightly brown about 4min. then transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Mix together the red pepper jelly and lemon juice.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and mix in the red pepper jelly mixture and season with ground pepper. Return to the oven and cook for an additional 10min.
- Transfer squash to a serving dish and scatter toasted seed over the squash.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...