Everything bagels with all their seeds, garlicky bits and onion loveliness are one of my all time faves! Add some smoked salmon and capers and this girl is in heaven. The flavours are timeless and they are a unique and delicious way to give your summer pasta salad some new life.
4 cups (320g) dry farfalle pasta
½ cup plain cream cheese at room temperature
½ cup plain yogurt
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp warm water
3/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
3 tbsp drained capers
150g smoked salmon, sliced into 1/2″ strips
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp onion flakes
1 tsp garlic flakes
1 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse and cool completely.
- Add the cream cheese, yogurt, lemon zest and juice into a large mixing bowl and whisk the ingredients until smooth. Add the warm water and whisk to combine.
- To the mixing bowl add the cooked pasta, red onion, capers, dill and smoked salmon. Toss well to coat everything with the dressing.
- Sprinkle on the onion and garlic flakes, sesame seeds and poppy seeds, salt and stir to combine.
- Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Tip: If you have a pre-made everything bagel seasoning use 2 tbsp in lieu of the spices above.
Download a printable version of this recipe here.