2 tbsp butter
1 cooking onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 zucchini, small dice (about 1 ½ cups)
1 cup of corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
2 tbsp fresh chopped sage
1 tsp dried thyme
½ tsp chili flakes
1 cup chicken stock (vegetable stock also works)
1 454g loaf of bread cut into small cubes (8 cups)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375F
Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once it’s melted add the onion, garlic, zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10min until the vegetables are soft and just starting to brown. Add the corn and cook for another 2min.
- Stir in the sage, thyme, chili flakes and chicken stock and turn the temperature to high. Bring everything to a simmer and cook for 2min. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the bread cubes into a large mixing bowl along with the cooled vegetable mix, egg and cheddar cheese. Use your hands to combine everything thoroughly.
- Portion the stuffing mix out into the 12 muffin cups, pressing it in firmly as you go.
- Cook for 30-35min. until the exterior is brown and slightly crispy. Remove from oven and cool in muffin pan for 5min.
- Use a small knife to gently cut around the outside of each muffin to release it from the pan. Place on platter and serve.
INGREDIENTS Serves 2 1 tbsp canola oil 2 cups broccoli florets ½ red pepper, sliced 250g...