Sticky citrus-chili chicken thighs
1 tbsp canola oil
6 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 cup fresh orange juice
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
½ tsp chili flakes
2 tbsp liquid honey
1 tbsp minced ginger
Preheat oven to 375F
- Place an oven proof skillet (cast iron) over medium heat and add the canola oil.
- Season the chicken thighs all over with the salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, skin side down to the hot pan and cook for 8min or until the skin is golden brown.
- Mix together the orange juice, lime juice, chili flakes, honey and ginger.
- Flip the chicken and cook for another 2min. Spoon and discard the excess fat in the pan. Pour the orange juice mixture over the chicken and put in the oven. Cook for 45min, basting the chicken every 15min.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place the chicken thighs on a serving tray.
- Return the pan with remaining juices to the stove, set over med-high heat. Simmer until the liquid is reduced and thick.
- Pour over the chicken and serve.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...