1 tbsp olive oil
680g lean ground beef
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp chili flakes
4 cups pasta sauce
8-10 sheets no cook, dry lasagna sheets
400g Ricotta cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella
¼ cup chopped basil
Preheat oven to 400F
- Add the olive oil and ground beef to a 12” cast iron (or oven safe skillet) skillet. Cook over medium heat for 8min or until beef is cooked through.
- Stir in oregano, chili flakes and pasta sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 5min.
- Remove 2/3 of the beef mixture to a bowl and leave the remaining in the skillet.
- Arrange a layer of lasagna sheets on the beef mixture left in the skillet. Break the pasta up as needed to fit snuggly in one layer. Top with ½ cup more beef mixture.
- Dollop half of the ricotta over the top and scatter with some mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange another layer of pasta over the top of the cheese. Top with half of the remaining beef mixture. Dollop the remaining ricotta over the top followed by some mozzarella. Repeat with a final layer of pasta followed by the remaining sauce and finish with the last of the mozzarella.
- Spray a large piece of aluminum foil with non-stick spray and cover the skillet lasagna. Cook in the oven for 25-30 min. until the pasta is cooked through. Remove the aluminum foil and broil on low for 5min until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow the lasagna to rest for 5min. Scatter the basil over the top and serve.