¼ cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
¼ tsp chili flakes
6-8 anchovy fillets, chopped
½ tsp dried oregano leaves
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 can (796ml) whole tomatoes
½ cup black olives, chopped
¼ cup capers, chopped
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a medium saute pan. Once the oil is warm, add the garlic, chili flakes and chopped anchovies. Cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is softened.
- Add the oregano and whole tomatoes to the pan. Use a fork or a pair of kitchen shears to break up the whole tomatoes. Simmer for 15min until the liquid from the tomatoes as reduced and the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in the olives and capers and cook for another 5min.
- Stir in 250g cooked spaghetti along with ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Toast a piece of Italian bread, slather with ricotta and top with puttanesca.
- Served over roasted or grilled chicken or fish
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...