2 cups pumpkin puree
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 egg yolks
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup dark rum
1 packet (2tsp) gelatin
1 ½ cup 35% cream
½ cup minced candied ginger (optional)
10 ginger snap cookies, crushed
- Whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, white sugar, maple syrup, egg yolks, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
- Place the rum in a heat proof bowl and scatter the gelatin over it. Let it sit for 5min to soften. Set the mixture over a pot with simmering water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Quickly stir the gelatin mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Add the heavy cream to a bowl and use a hand mixer to whip to medium peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream and candied ginger (if using) into the pumpkin.
- Pour the pumpkin mousse into a large serving bowl or into individual ramekins. Cover and store in the fridge for 3hrs minimum up to 2 days.
Garnish with ginger snaps just before serving.