Peach-Blueberry Almond Snack Cake
Makes 16 pieces
454g of peaches
200g of fresh blueberries
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp almond flour
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Zest of 1 lemon
¾ cup butter, softened
3 eggs at room temperature
2 tbsp coarse sugar (turbinado)
Preheat oven to 350F° and grease a rectangular 9×13 baking pan
- Slice the peaches into ¼” wedges and set aside. You can leave the skin on or remove it.
- Stir together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and lemon zest. Add the soft butter and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter is well incorporated into the dry ingredients. It’s ok if there are a couple pea sized pieces of butter still visible. Stir in the eggs until you have a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan and work it into the corners, smoothing out the top as you go.
- Press the peaches gently into the batter, lining them up in a couple rows. Scatter the berries over the top and gently press into the batter.
- Sprinkle the coarse sugar over top of the fruit.
- Cook on the middle rack for 45-55min until the middle is set and the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 30min. Enjoy.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...