No-Bake Chocolate Salami
¼ cups dried currants
3 tbsp dark rum
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup icing sugar
½ tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
1 cup cocoa powder
150g digestive biscuits (about 15 cookies)
¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- Add the dried currants to a small bowl and pour the rum over them to soak.
- Add the unsalted butter, icing sugar and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment to cream together. Add the cocoa and mix until combined. Add the biscuits and mix until they are crushed into small pieces. Pour in the currants, rum and toasted almond and mix until combined.
- Divide the mixture into two equal parts. Place each on a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Shape each into a log and wrap tightly in the plastic. Place in fridge for a minimum of 4hrs.
- Remove the chocolate salami from the plastic wrap and roll in more icing sugar. Cut in to 1/4” thick rounds and serve.
INGREDIENTS Serves 4 4 centre cut tenderloin steaks 1 ½-inches thick ½ to 1 tsp salt 2 tbsp...