Maple-Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Makes 12 sausage squares
2lbs (908g) ground turkey
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp fennel seeds
½ tsp dried thyme leaves
½ tsp ground sage
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
Preheat the oven to 400F and spray a 9×13 baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Mix together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Tip the turkey mixture out on to the baking sheet. Use damp hands to push the mixture down into and even layer. Press the mixture out until it fills the entire pan evenly.
- Cook for 18-20min until the turkey is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and drain off any excess liquid. Allow the turkey to cool and then cut into 12 equal squares.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
Tip: To serve, heat the sausage patties up to by frying them in a small amount of oil or heating them in the oven or microwave.