1 3/4 cups flour
1 tbsp poppy seeds
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3 lemons, zested
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup plain yogurt
¾ cup icing sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 350F
Grease a loaf pan 9x5x3 (23x13x8cm) with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, poppy seeds and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer (or you can use a mixing bowl and hand mixer) fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream the butter and sugar together until creamy and fluffy. Add the lemon zest and eggs, beat until the eggs are well incorporated.
- Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the lemon juice and yogurt.
- Tip the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60min. Let the loaf cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- Mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice. When the loaf is cool, pour the glaze over the loaf.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...