Hot and Sour Turkey and Green Bean Stir-Fry
1 tbsp canola oil
454g ground turkey
200g green beans, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp water
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar OR white wine vinegar OR lime juice
2 tbsp hot sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
2 green onions, sliced
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Optional: 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Add canola oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and use a wooden spoon to break up the turkey as it cooks. Cook for 3min stirring occasionally.
- Add the green beans and cook until the beans are tender-crisp, about 5min.
- Stir together the water, brown sugar, soya sauce, vinegar (or lime juice), hot sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Turn the heat down to low and pour the mixture into the pan, stirring to combine.
- Stir in green onions and cilantro and garnish with sesame seeds if using.TIP: Add a fried egg to the top for a heartier meal.
5 tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup chopped dark chocolate
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp espresso powder
500g pizza dough
Zest of ½ an orange
¼ cup dried cherries
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp turbinado sugar
Allow the pizza dough to sit out at room temperature for 20min. L.ine a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper
- Add the butter and sugar to a small pot and heat over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the butter has melted and sugar is dissolved, about 2min.
- Stir in the dark chocolate, cocoa powder, cinnamon and espresso powder. Remove from the heat immediately. Continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Set aside to cool for 15min.
- Place your pizza dough on a well-floured work surface and roll it out into a 40cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Spread the cooled chocolate mixture evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a 1/2” border. Evenly distribute the orange zest over the top of the chocolate followed by the dried cherries.
- Starting at the long edge roll the dough into a tight log. Cut the log in half crosswise. Make an X with the dough by placing one half on top of the other and wind each end of the X together in a spiral. Pinch the ends together.
- Place the babka spiral into the prepared loaf pan. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle turbinado sugar on top.
- Bake for 35min until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and cool for 15min before slicing.