Grilled Greek Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
255g cherry tomatoes, halved
3 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic minced
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
3 mini cucumbers, quartered lengthwise
1 red pepper, cut into 1” strips
1 green pepper, cut into 1” strips
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 tbsp canola oil
¼ tsp salt
1 cup crumbled feta
8 mint leaves, torn
Preheat the BBQ to 400F
- Tip the cherry tomatoes into a small heat proof (cast iron) skillet and place on the BBQ (or side burner). Cook for about 12min, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together the remaining vinaigrette ingredients and pour it on the tomatoes 5min before removing them from the BBQ.
- Place cucumbers, red and green peppers and onions on a baking sheet, coat with canola oil and season with salt.
- Add the peppers and onions to the BBQ and cook, turning occasionally, until the peppers are soft and slightly charred. Add the cucumbers just before the peppers are finished cooking. Cook the cucumbers for about 4min, turning so each side is slightly charred. Remove the peppers, onions and cucumbers from the BBQ.
- Toss all the grilled vegetables gently with the tomato vinaigrette. Scatter feta cheese and mint over the top and serve.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...