Grilled Asparagus Flatbread with Lemon- Basil Ricotta
Serves 6 (as an appetizer)
Serves 4 (as a main)
1 tbsp flour
650g pizza dough
2 tbsp canola oil, divided
454g asparagus, trimmed
454g (1 ½ cups) ricotta
Zest of 1 lemon
12 basil leaves, chopped
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 long red-hot pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
Preheat the BBQ to 400F
- Dust a large baking sheet with flour and add your pizza dough. Divide the dough into three equal pieces and pull and stretch each piece into a long oval shape. Brush the top of each with canola oil.
- Drizzle the asparagus with the remaining tbsp of canola oil and season lightly with salt.
- Stir together the ricotta, lemon zest, basil, salt and pepper in small mixing bowl.
- Mix the honey, balsamic vinegar and hot pepper (if using) together in a small bowl.
- Place the asparagus on the preheated BBQ and cook, turning every 4min. Cook for about 12min. until the asparagus is slightly charred and tender crisp. Remove from the BBQ and cut into 1/2“pieces.
- Place the three pieces of pizza dough, canola side down on the BBQ and cook for 5min. until the dough is brown and easily releases from the BBQ.
- Flip the pizza dough and turn the BBQ down to low. Immediately divide the ricotta mixture evenly between each piece of dough and spread it to the edges. Cook for another 6-9min. until the dough is cooked through.
- Drizzle each flatbread with the honey-balsamic glaze.
- Remove from the BBQ and cut into pieces to serve.
Tip: Buy store bought pizza and leave it on the counter for 30min before using.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...