Green Curry Chicken with Eggplant
Serves 4 (as a main)
2 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp green curry paste
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces.
2 Asian eggplants, trimmed and diced
1 can (398ml) coconut milk
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 Kaffir lime leaves, minced
2 cups sliced bamboo shoots*
½ red pepper, thinly sliced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
Cooked jasmine rice
- Heat the canola oil in a medium skillet that’s set over medium heat. Once the oil is warm add the curry paste and cook for 1min.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally for 5min. Mix in the eggplant and cook for another 2min.
- Stir in the coconut milk, brown sugar, fish sauce and lime leaves. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20min.
- Add the bamboo shoots and red pepper and cook until everything is warmed through.
- Taste for seasoning. If the curry requires more salt add a little fish to season.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with jasmine rice
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...