Gluten-free Tex-Mex Breakfast Muffins
1 can (127ml) chopped green chilies
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup melted refined coconut oil
½ cup minced dry Spanish chorizo
½ cup grated cheddar
Optional: Garnish with thinly sliced jalapeno
Spray a non-stick 12-cup muffin tray with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350F
- Whisk together the eggs, chilies, sugar, chili powder, oregano and salt.
- Stir in coconut flour, baking powder and coconut oil until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the chorizo and grated cheddar.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins and garnish with sliced jalapeno (if using). Place on the middle rack in the oven. Cook for 20-22 until the edges are brown and tops are dry.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely. Use a knife to gently carve around the perimeter of the muffin to loosen it. Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Tip: Warm in a toaster oven before serving.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...