GIFTS FROM THE KITCHEN: Easy pickled carrots
Makes 4 -500ml jars
3lb of carrots
2 cups white vinegar
2 cups water
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp celery seeds, divided
2 tsp coriander seed, divided
2 tsp mustard seed
- Trim and peel the carrots and cut them into sticks that fit into a 500ml mason jar.
- Fill a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add all the carrot sticks and bring back to a simmer and cook for 1min. and then drain and set aside.
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar and salt to a pot and heat over medium. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and then remove from heat.
- Divide the celery seed, coriander seed and mustard seed evenly into 4, 500ml mason jars. Fill each jar with carrots and then top each with vinegar solution.
- Cool to room temperature then screw on lids and store in the fridge for up to 1month.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...