Easy Turkey Meatballs in Red Sauce with Spinach and Feta
1 Tbsp canola oil
454g turkey sausage
300g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3 cups tomato sauce
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Add canola oil to a non-stick pan set over medium heat. To make the meatballs, squeeze 1” pieces of sausage meat out of the casing into the hot pan and discard the casing. Do this for all the sausages.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey meatballs are golden brown on each side, about 3min.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the spinach and add it to the pan. 4. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder and oregano and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 3min.
- Top with crumbled feta and serve.
Serving suggestions: Tuck some of the meatball mixture into a bun, spoon over pasta, rice, cous cous or baked squash.
5 tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup chopped dark chocolate
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp espresso powder
500g pizza dough
Zest of ½ an orange
¼ cup dried cherries
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp turbinado sugar
Allow the pizza dough to sit out at room temperature for 20min. L.ine a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper
- Add the butter and sugar to a small pot and heat over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the butter has melted and sugar is dissolved, about 2min.
- Stir in the dark chocolate, cocoa powder, cinnamon and espresso powder. Remove from the heat immediately. Continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Set aside to cool for 15min.
- Place your pizza dough on a well-floured work surface and roll it out into a 40cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Spread the cooled chocolate mixture evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a 1/2” border. Evenly distribute the orange zest over the top of the chocolate followed by the dried cherries.
- Starting at the long edge roll the dough into a tight log. Cut the log in half crosswise. Make an X with the dough by placing one half on top of the other and wind each end of the X together in a spiral. Pinch the ends together.
- Place the babka spiral into the prepared loaf pan. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle turbinado sugar on top.
- Bake for 35min until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and cool for 15min before slicing.