Chai Tea Mix
2 cinnamon sticks
2 tbsp green cardamom pods
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp whole red peppercorns
½ tsp whole black peppercorns
½ tsp whole cloves
3 tbsp candied ginger
3/4 cup loose black tea
Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom, fennel, coriander, red and black peppercorns and cloves to a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven and toast the spices. This will take about 5min. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Place the cooled spices in a mortar and pestle and crush spices until they crack and break into small pieces. Alternatively, put the spices in a small sealable bag. Use a rolling pin to firmly but gently crush the spices.
- Add the candied ginger and black tea and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a container.
How to brew
- Place 1 tbsp of the chai mixture in a tea ball or tea bag.
- Add one cup of boiling water and steep for 5min.
- Stir in honey and top with ½ cup milk.
Tip: Black tea includes Darjeeling, English breakfast or my favourite addition Early Grey.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...