Breakfast toad in a hole
1 tbsp canola oil
8 breakfast sausages
5 cremini mushrooms, halved
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¾ cup flour
3 green onions, cut into ½” pieces
Preheat oven to 425F
- To a 12” round cast iron skillet add the canola oil, breakfast sausages, and cremini mushrooms. Cook in the oven for 8min.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk, Dijon mustard, thyme, salt and pepper until nice and frothy. Whisk in the flour a little at a time until it is all incorporated.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and turn over the sausage and mushrooms. Scatter the green onions into the pan.
- Pour the batter gently into the pan so it surrounds all the other ingredients. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 20min.
- Remove and let it cool for 5min. Cut into wedges and serve.
Add a new, quick weeknight meal to your rotation with these savoury beef and blue cheese...