BBQ Stout and Ginger Salmon
Makes 6 portions
1 cup stout beer
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp finely minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp grainy Dijon
1 tbsp lime juice
¼ tsp red chili flakes
6 (6oz) fillets of salmon, skin on
1 tbsp butter
2 green onions thinly sliced
¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
Pre-soak a cedar planks (depending on the size you might need two)
- Mix together the stout, brown sugar, soya sauce, ginger, Dijon, lime juice and chili flakes and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the salmon fillets in an 8×11 baking dish. Pour half of the marinade over the salmon. Ensure the salmon is well covered with marinade. Marinate in the fridge for no longer than 45min.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a small pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 12min or until the marinade has reduced by half. Whisk in the butter. Turn off the heat.
- Preheat the BBQ to 400 degrees.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place the salmon, skin side down on the cedar plank.
- Place the cedar plank on the barbeque. Cook with the lid down for 12-15min. until the salmon is cooked through and still slightly translucent on the interior.
- Spoon some of the reduced marinade over each piece of salmon and garnish with green onions and cilantro.
Tip: Salmon with the skin off works just as well.
INGREDIENTS Serves 2 1 tbsp canola oil 2 cups broccoli florets ½ red pepper, sliced 250g...