BBQ Easter Dinner for 4
BBQ EASTER DINNER FOR 4
This is a delicious celebration meal that is all cooked right on the BBQ. It is simple and delicious and uses basic ingredients. The star of the show and the splurge is a bone-in prime rib. A side of grilled potatoes, mushrooms and charred broccoli all with a hint of lemon round out this meal. To start off the meal, a delicious roasted grape and brie skillet served with bread. Put on your Sunday best and enjoy this meal with the ones you love – Happy Easter!
What you need:
1- 2lb bone-in prime rib
1 head of broccoli
1 bag (680g) of little gem potatoes
227g cremini mushrooms
227g king oyster mushrooms, sliced
2 cups red grapes
3 sprigs fresh thyme
horseradish OR dijon mustard
Prepping all your ingredients before you head out to the BBQ will ensure your cooking will go off without a hitch.
- Make the aioli condiment and keep in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
- Place the seasoned prime rib on a plate to transfer outside to the BBQ.
- Use a large rimmed baking sheet to transport the prepared vegetables, grapes, brie, canola oil, salt, pepper and lemon to the BBQ.
- Don’t forget your meat thermometer, tongs and a beverage.
- Preheat the BBQ – cook the roasted grapes and brie while the BBQ is pre-heating so you can enjoy the appetizer while you cook the rest of the meal.
- While the prime-rib is cooking on indirect heat (see recipe) cook the vegetables on the side that is still turned on. Start with the potatoes as they will take about 20min, then add the mushrooms and the broccoli which will take only about 10min.
NOTE: A 2lb prime rib will take about 40min to cook to medium-rare. So start the potatoes about 15min before the beef is cooked. Once the beef comes off the BBQ to rest (15min) add the mushrooms and broccoli. Once the veg is cooked the beef will be ready to slice.