Banana and Oat “Not Cookies”
Makes 6 large
Although these are round like cookies and contain some of the same ingredients as cookies, I don’t want to mislead you. These are much more “granola-ee” chocked full of oats, nuts and seeds with only a hint of sweetness. Don’t get me wrong, they are delicious, they just aren’t a dessert style cookie. On the other hand, they are super hearty, delicious and a great way to start your day.
1 ripe banana
2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
3 tbsp peanut butter (or another nut butter)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ¼ cup of instant oats (large flaked also works)
¼ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
3 tbsp cracked flax seed
Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana really well and stir in the egg, maple syrup and peanut butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Portion out 6 large cookies on to the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a damp hand to shape the cookies into rounds and press down into ¼’ thickness.
- Bake for 14-16min. until the oats are just starting to brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Cookies will last 3 day in the cupboard but can also be frozen.