Antipasto Kale Salad with Pretzel Croutons
INGREDIENTS & INSTRUCTIONS
150 g store bought pretzels, smashed into pieces
2 tbsp butter
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium low heat and add the butter. Once the butter is melted add the pretzels, onion powder, paprika and garlic powder.
- Cook, stirring often until the pretzels have absorbed the butter and are toasted, about 5-8min.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup Canola oil
- Whisk all the ingredients together until they are well combined and emulsified.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Antipasto Kale Salad
6 cups thinly sliced kale
1 apple peeled and cut into matchsticks
½ Red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup, thinly sliced summer sausage
½ cup thinly sliced provolone
½ cup sliced pepperoncini
- Add the kale, apple and red onion to a large salad bowl and add half the honey-mustard dressing. Toss well to combine, ensuring everything is coated well. Add the remaining ingredients and the remaining salad dressing. Toss well and pour onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with the pretzel croutons.